Of course, being Hong Kong’s Champion Jockey for twelve consecutive years is a given.
Being one of the nicest, humble people we know, great family man, amazing father and great professional are other reasons. But here are 10 more.
Okay, he doesn’t like Dylan’s long songs, but we didn’t say he was perfect.
1) He wears more bling on his wrists than Mr T, Jay-Z, Liberace and Elton John combined.
2) He has enormous hands. And you know what they say about a man with big hands.
3) He wears a suit that reminds us of the song “In The Navy” by the Village People- and is proud of it.
4) He can give as good as he gets.
5) He is no style knob: He wears shirts etc by designers like Tom Ford, Paul Smith etc.
6) He has spent time and learned life lessons from The Horse Whisperer- Monty Roberts.
7) His best mate is one of our favorite people- the legend that is Felix Coetzee, the regular jockey of the great Silent Witness, Group 1 bloke and mad Bob Dylan fan.
8) He remembers people he doesn’t even know- by name. (We don’t know what that means)
9) When we talk to him about knockers, he thinks we’re talking about boobs.
10) He once poured a can of cold beer down the back of a chef who got on his nerves.
(Please also visit www.fasttrack.hk)